Won't Start after brake work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Start after brake work

hey, problem...just got done with switching the beam, aspire booster, aspire master, got a new hard line for the master to firewall block, bled the brakes, went to start it up to go test it, won't start. I've changed out the fuses 30/40/30 up front by the battery to no avail. idk what I did. I do know I accidentally touched the starter with the brake line and it sparked a couple times. so it could be a fuse in the panel that's blown and not the big ones...?

also, in order to get the booster in, I pulled one of the vacuum lines (I think anyway) that goes to the canister to the right of the booster and master looking at it from the bumper (attached to the strut housing/body deal) and obviously I took off the vac line to the booster. but the dang festy won't start. and I'm sure I'm flooding the engine I guess...since i can smell gas. what'd I do or what do I need to do?
    Last edited by Pu241; 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Walth, check the primary line to the distributor.
    It commonly get knocked loose while working in that area.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

when I was messing with it trying to get it started I pushed all four pretty firmly into what I figured was their place. I'll take another look now. thanks

I know I'm thread jacking but what the hay we have 2 weeks

edit>> wait, no, exactly 7 days til I leave yay
      Walth

Comment

yep. the main line was out. I thought the center looked funny. I haven't messed with the engine side of anything yet. but I catch on pretty quick. I knew I wasnt' getting spark so I started looking in the areas I messed with. I checked the four lines going to each cylinder but I didn't know there was one in the center. oh well. gotta start somewhere. I did notice a wire was broke to the master and I connected that but no luck.

anyways, brakes work better. stop considerably better but just not as good as I'd like yet. Once I get the front aspire swap done I'll change my mind I'm sure... and I'm sure with two people I could maybe bleed them better? idk. I used a one-man bleeder that is always helpful.

well, thank you 241

Walth
        Walth

Comment

No problem!

You do know how I know what happened don't you?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

lol. yeah I wouldn't doubt the simple things people run into with anything. it definitely helped in this case. I knew I wasn't getting spark but I thought for some reason that little bit of vacuum was throwing off everything which made no sense.

oh, thanks for moving the thread for me.
            Walth

Comment

Ah, one of those moments, eh??:p

At least yours was easy. My last one involved getting to swap out a front hub an extra time because I wasn't paying close enough attention. :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

it wouldn't start because of the hub? or just didn't ride right?

yeah, I was staring right at it. I even pushed all the four plug wires in and thought "what's that hole in the middle" sort of thought and kept looking. I knew I wasn't getting spark I just didn't really think much about the routing of the main line from the coil pack. I did check just about everything near the pack, booster and master etc but just didn't know if I hit a safety switch or like the master cyl wire that rusted in two if that was a safety deal? i didn't know. it's fixed now!!

maybe sometime this week I'll change the oil pan gasket before the drive...
                Walth

Comment

^^ Nah, I swapped the hubs because the 89 had shot bearings on the right front, and the 90 had good bearings. And I needed to do it quick, it was like the day before, or two days maybe, before leaving for NC in March.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                  X