X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2006 FOTM Winner

The Beast, Mattswabb's BPT powered Festiva

From pondering what to do with a recent aquisition to BPT in 6 weeks

Matt's daughter was learning to drive and daddy promised her a car so matt was left without a daily driver and needed a replacement. Matt's "Bluetiful" BP is reserved for sunny summer days, with winds below 10 MPH, relative humidity below 65% and the tempurature between 65 and 80 degrees ferenheight, so not a good candidate for a daily driver. In Matt's garage a festiva can replace a festiva, so a festiva was purchased. Matt pondered... a BP? Been there done that; An FE3 2.0 and probe tranny swap? a few trips to the junkyard with a tape measure covinced him otherwise. Then Matt started looking into BPT's and got hooked. After all why should BPT's be reserved for 4-door automatic green aspires.... 4-door! automatic!! Aspire!! Green? More aspires later...... Matt figured a BPT daily driver would be awesome and spent about 6 weeks on the project getting it going and has been since continously tweaking it.

Mazda valve cover don't stay on for very long in Matt's cars

The beast's power plant

The intercooler of intercooler's (for festiva's anyways)

Well at least it's not the Honda valve cover

As always, Matt is not the type to keep his swap secrets to himself, you can check out his cardomain page "The beast", i's full of detailed pics and info

Future Beast Plans

This winter Mat would like to do a Megasquirt with a distributor-less ignition and bump up the boost with a 225HP goal (thats 3.5 times more power than a stock festy). Thats of course if Matt doesn't find another project to work on...

You figure with 3.5 times the power of a stock festy, Matt would get a speedo that goes 3.5 times the 85 MPH speedo

But this one only goes to 110 MPH!!

Matt and Aspires

When questioned why he hated aspire's so much Matt replied: "I don't hate them, best brakes ever. I just prefer festivas." Prefer? As any reputable journalist would do, Happymom did some investigative research into the matter. Here are some of Matt's views on Aspire's:

Referring to DJ's amazing Aspire CARtoon: "Nice pic but all i can think of is that that aspire would make a good candidate for the brake swap on my festiva"

On the topic of ugliest cars ever: "Wow 4 pages and no one has even mentioned the aspire"

On the turnout out at Ohiostiva, referring to the presence of 2 aspires: "It was 16 Festiva's and 2 brake swaps!"

On the suggestion to have an Aspire nomination for FOTM: "Aspire? This is fordfestiva.com"

On Whittey's enthusiasum at owning an aspire: "We really need to get you a festiva"

Stock for now, but not for long

Turns out a BPT is not a practical daily driver and Matt's daughter could not convince daddy to exchange the BPT for her stock festiva, so Matt needed to find another festiva as a daily driver. On a side note, and again thanks to Happymom's investigative journalism, 4 door green automatic BPT aspires make great "daddy, i need a car" cars, well at least till daddy blows the engine to smithgreens.

The new stock daily driver may not stay stock for long, if Matt can find a B6. Then again he has pondered a B1 swap due to gas prices and driving over 60 miles a day.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?
Working...
X