• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July FOTM Winner

Congratulations MONSOON!!!

Here's his winning entry

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
    Here is my 1993 GL

I found her sitting forlorn and lonely behind a fence at a mom and pop used car dealership. I stopped and inquired about her and was told she was not for sale.

Not for sale! How do you have a car at a used car place and it not be for sale?! I thought to myself.
    Undeterred I went back a few days later and asked the owner of the lot about it. He stated that a couple had brought it in and that while they didnt normally do repair work, it needed a fuel pump which they had replaced. But they were trying to get in touch with the couple and didnt know what they wanted to do. But to keep checking back on it. Bolstered by that conversation I got back in my car and told my wife. ITS MINE! I told her the whole story as I knew it and told her when it goes up for sale somehow someway its mine. Well over the next couple weeks Id make a point of driving by and checking on her. My sons would also make a point of driving by and giving me updates as to whether it was still behind the fence. I knew what issues it had. Missing aluminum rim, dented drivers fender and broken parking light.

Nothing that would deter me. These were minor problems that could be overcome!
    Well the day finally came that they decided to pull it from behind the fence and put a sign on it. TODAYS SPECIAL! $950 cash!
    I stopped and looked it over. Really already knowing where I was going with it. Wow its got the original cover in back. Id only ever seen pictures.

Opened the passenger door to get a look at the interior. Whoa almost perfect!
    Opened the drivers door to get a look from that side and almost fell over when I spotted the odometer reading.

I got out of the car looked at the salesman and said. Ill be back for this!
    Now because of some recent health issues, Ive been a little tight for cash. So at 43 I had to do something I havent had to do in a long time. I had to hit the "1st National Bank of Dad" for a loan. Thats how determined I was to get this car in my driveway!

My future plans for her are simple. Find an aluminum rim. Replace the dented fender. Fix the spot on the rear wheel well where a tire shredded and rubbed the paint.As far as anything custom. Other than going to all clears lights in the front and putting an aftermarket stereo in her. She will remain unmolested.

Thank you for your consideration for FOTM!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Way to go, Monsoon! Always nice to hear a great Festiva buying/rescue story, and you seem to be the king of those!
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

WOW! First let me thank everyone who voted not only for me but for freshtivas cars as well. It is a great testament to the freindship and sense of family felt here at ff.com. I have said it before and I will say it now. If you are looking for premium examples of fully optioned Festivas to guage what yours should look like,freshtivas are the example to follow.
      It is truly an honor that those of you who voted for "Bellativa" felt she was worthy of winning FOTM.
      I am honored and humbled and thank you all very very much.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Congrats Monsoon. Do kind of wonder why a used car lot didn't want to sell you a used car??

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            Congrats Monsoon. Do kind of wonder why a used car lot didn't want to sell you a used car??

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
            Yeah well their explanation was unusual. This couple had brought the car in. It had a bad fuel pump. They dont usually fix cars but they replaced the fuel pump. The couple that brought the car there to begin with was out of town and they(the car lot) couldnt get a hold of them to find out what they wanted to do with the car. It was strange to say the least. But Im happy with the outcome.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Congratulations mate! Very well deserved!

Comment

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!! , with a little clean up and a fender it one nice low mile car .
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Congratulations MONSOON!

PS. Instead of finding another factory wheel, maybe you'll find some "other rims" that will fit. I'm sure if you ask, someone on this forum should be able to tell you which one's fit. :p
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Thank you very much!
                    LMAO! Yeah maybe someone will post the link for me! I actually found a rim on Ebay in real nice shape shipped for $50. Which I didnt think was too bad. And found 12" tires here locally. For whatever reason when I found out they had them I didnt think to ask how much.:tard:
                    Im sure its gotta be cheaper than I was finding them online for though.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

I hope to hit similar paydirt. A nice white 93 like yours. Two thumbs up for the "1st National Bank of Dad" !!!!!

Comment

living on the winning side

way to go, congrats , and all that stuff,,,,,,,i have a tear in my eye....your story was so sad. lol
                        wait just a darn minute............why is the neon parked behind the festy.......the festy should always be the last one drove........I thought everyone knew that.
                        Last edited by hoggius; 07-13-2008, 04:14 AM.
                        A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a Horse. (well maybe just a rust free festy will do)

94 Aspire (waiting for a face lift thanks to a deer)
                        88 festiva (16 year olds ride)
                        93 festiva (my ride)
                        94 jeep yj (waiting for heart transplant)
                        94 cadillac sedan deville (the wife's ride)

Comment

Congrats Rog!!
                          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                          #2 .....Cheesehead
                          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                          #4 .....Montana Project
                          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                          Bought her back for $450
                          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Congrats..

Interesting that your wife let you get the car. I pulled up in the driveway with mine and my wife took one look at it a swore that I would never be allowed to go out car shopping ever again. Talk about a lack of respect.

Comment

Stick with stock wheels. They can't be that hard to come by. And why does Festivafan have a picture of MY dog on HIS avatar?
                              88 Festiva 5 speed
                              89 Automatic L with 1 1/4 hitch
                              93 parts car(not much left)
                              89 free parts car 5 speed
                              03 F150 6 cyl 5 speed
                              05 Accord 4 cyl 5 speed

"When you've got kids, That's all you've got."

Comment

Working...
                              X