Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OverKILL!

The new car will be called OverKILL!

OverKILL is a BP+T running the EVO ecu system from Carlos A Rivera from down in Florida. It has a GT30 a/r .63 com, a/r 70 exh ebay turbo. Carlos made the exhaust manifold. It has an external wastegate set to 25psi. The wiring has all been remover from the car. The only wiring that is left is whats needed to run the car and thats it. The interior is stripped. The back seat brackets drilled off. It has some type of Honda coilovers on it. It cam on bald Nito nt01 tires with a set of slicks as well. Looks to have a ebay BOV on it. large front mount intercooler with large piping to the intake. 3" exhaust all the way back to a muffler. Has an aem wideband, oil, water, boost and large RPM gauge in it. All the bushing look to be in great shape aside from 2. The car has some curb sport on the bottom but it is rust free. The paint is crap but the body is decent. It would be a great car for some nice plastidip with the new top coat clear.

The car had 325hp on the old turbo on the old motor. It now has a larger turbo on a new motor. I have the old motor and trans as well. I like the car and i will make it what i want it to be. I will keep it mostly how it is motor wise. This car will stay my highway car. Lucifer will stay a b6t for now. I plan to take lucifer back to a vj14 to get the spool back. Lucifer is meant for autocross.

Ill be posting more about OverKILL as i learn about it. Its a great car tho.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

awesome,,,, VEDIO!

Comment

Ill try to get one tonight. As of right now there is no way to record and drive it at the same time. The torque steer is way to much. My passenger would end up in my lab or out the window.

I can get a video of it running in the garage tho.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What are those crazy lookin things on your engine where the spark plugs go? Never seen anything like that before
        92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Coil on plug. Cept each coil does 2 plugs instead of 1 or all 4

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
            Coil on plug. Cept each coil does 2 plugs instead of 1 or all 4

What is the purpose? What does this do?

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
              What is the purpose? What does this do?
              Older cars only had 1 coil that sent electricity to the disty. Newer ones have Coil Packs that send the electricity straight to the plug. They are easier to fine tune by manipulating the ECU and ultimately produce more Power
              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                Older cars only had 1 coil that sent electricity to the disty. Newer ones have Coil Packs that send the electricity straight to the plug. They are easier to fine tune by manipulating the ECU and ultimately produce more Power
                Cool, good to know! Maybe I'll get that for my bp, but I think blue spark plugs would look super cool haha

Comment

Yup, more fine tuning, none of the problems and losses that spark plug wires, cap and rotors give you. If you have an ignition problem it can be narrowed down to one component rsther than coil, dist, cap, rotor or wires. And instead of selling you one $50 coil they can sell you 4 and im told the ones on my civic are $600 each from the dealer. I have spares so never checked myself. This is what mine look like. One per cylinder.

Comment

I have 222k miles on my Nissan and have never had on go out. My wife had one go periodically bad in her Hyundai, I don't remember how much the part was but she did spend a couple grand at the dealer because they replaced the whole fuel system trying to troubleshoot the problem.
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Aside from a wheel alignment and the front core support what can i do about torque steer?
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Thanks for picking my name for the car :^)
                        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

The name fits it 100% So thank you for putting it out there.

But how about that torque steer!
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                            Aside from a wheel alignment and the front core support what can i do about torque steer?
                            Tire fitment. Those rims aren't wide enough for your worn out NT01 tires. They shouldn't bubble out like that in the middle. Also, tire pressure is important. 2 lbs of difference will cause TQ steer.
                            If all the suspension bushings are in good condition, the engine sits parallel in the bay and is about 2.25 inches further forward than stock, and you've got the front lower radiator support reinforced properly, and your suspension is set up correctly and aligned, you shouldn't have bad TQ steer on an even and consistent surface.
                            It doesn't matter how much TQ your engine makes past 200-220ft.lbs on radial tires, your going to spin. You could have an engine that shows 1000ft lbs of TQ on a dyno, but 220ish is all you'll actually make on the street because that's all a Festiva can put down without wrinkle wall slicks and traction promoting surface treatment.
                            TQ steer shouldn't be worse on a BPT with 350hp than it is with a BPT with 250HP. Once you break loose, your making less TQ. TQ output (especially in a turbo charged engine) is a direct result of load. Your load is reduced with wheelspin, therefore your torque output is also reduced.
                            Bottom line, if your chassis is straight, your setup is correct, TQ steer should not be much of an issue. If one wheel is in the dirt and one on asphault, you'll get some TQ steer coming out of corners, but not enough to cause problems.
                            The engine looks pretty far back on that setup. Is it in the bay parallel? That will give you TQ steer issues, if your drive line is not parallel to your axle centerline. When you angle a drive shaft it will tend to have a gear ratio at the joint, this is then counteracted at the other end of the axle. If the centerline of the output shafts on your transmission is not parallel to the centerline if your wheel hubs, you'll have a slight variance in this gear ratio type effect from one side to the other. It's not much, but you'll feel it when your trying to put down 5 times the power that the car was ever intended for, that's for damn sure.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-21-2016, 04:58 PM.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It looks to be straight. I will post better pictures tonight to show you. The front lower mount looks good. The lower back mount i held in by the upper bolt only The lower part of that mount is just not hooked up. Ill get u a picture tonight. The side mount is simple and easy angle iron bolted together. again pictures tonight.

Suspension is soft still. its bouncy. Lucifer is firm and takes weight to move around. this car is spoungy. She drives straight tho. just needs some work.

Also no front core support yet.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X