Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westiva 2017.... save the date!

Westiva 2017 will be on July 15th 2017.

We've had as few as four cars and as many as ten. Let's make this one the biggest ever.

Last edited by fastivaca; 10-14-2016, 10:33 AM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I would love to go but 42 Hours one way is not in my Vacation Budget next year...
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I joined this forum just to get info on this event! I will do my best to be there! As long as Aspires are welcome too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfreak76 View Post
        I joined this forum just to get info on this event! I will do my best to be there! As long as Aspires are welcome too.
        Aspires are most welcome. You would be the first Aspire to attend if you make it!!!
        Ian
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          Aspires are most welcome. You would be the first Aspire to attend if you make it!!!
          Ian
          Excellent! Hopefully I will have my B8-ME swap done by then!

Comment

the festiva will be a very different beast by that day

Comment

Need a reason or two to make the trip? I'm glad you asked....

It will be held on July 15th in Alberta's beautiful Kananaskis Country. I can think of several reasons to come:

1. It's a Festiva meet
              2. The exchange rate is really in favor of those from the US and I don't see that changing
              3. It's a Festiva meet
              4. There's beautiful mountain scenery
              5. It's a Festiva meet.

Already expecting attendees for Washington, Georgia, Kentucky and possibly Utah and Arizona.

See you there!!!

Ian
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Oregon will try and make it. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Stalin/5 spd/L/1993/Sold
                unnamed/5 spd/L-Plus/1991/Current
                htd

Comment

Originally posted by Pzl8domin8 View Post

Would love to have you join us!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Pzl8domin8 View Post

I'll try too......more Portlanders!
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Just how far will I have to drive to get to Westiva? I'm glad you asked.... here are some one way distances to get you started.

Macon GA: 2475 miles
                      Lexington KY: 2048 miles
                      Portland OR: 757 miles
                      Raleigh NC: 2481 miles
                      St Louis MO: 1820 miles

Regina SK: 874km
                      Winnipeg MB: 1445km
                      Vancouver BC: 928km
                      Toronto ON: 3551km
                      Edmonton AB: 390km
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Mesa AZ: 1622 miles
                        San Diego CA: 1693 miles

Kelowna BC: 561km
                        Montreal QC: 3726km
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Thought I would add some other things you could do when you come up for Westiva. The big one of course is the Calgary Stampede which runs from July 7-16. To quote their website "The Stampede is proud to host more than 1.2 million visitors from all over the world to join in the festivities at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. Throughout these 10 days, we blend our Western Canadian heritage with dynamic contemporary entertainment." There's lots to do both on and off the grounds especially if you like to eat. There are literally hundreds of free pancake breakfasts hosted all over the city during the week. If you are thinking of coming for more that a couple of days I would highly recommend looking at booking accommodations sooner than later as things do tend to fill up.

I'll post up some more activities in the coming weeks. In the meantime check out this "What to do in Calgary" website.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

well its been a long time since I've been to the forum, I am glad to see things are still rollin here. According to my current schedule I should be off that weekend if all goes well. However I will need to find time to pull the current engine out of my festy and either rebuild or replace it, she has been getting weak over the last few years, a little more smoke here, a little less oil pressure there... lol... Needless to say she needs some updates, engine, maybe suspension, we will see. I have my hand in a few different projects but my first love is due for some work. Hopefully all goes well in the spring and I can get her up and ready to go!
                            90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                            BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Is a passport required?
                              Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                              X