Clear All

• Westiva 2016

Andrew's Suzuki Swift convertible 1.0l 3-cylinder turbo

Julian's B6 Festiva

Ryan's stock '93

Joe's military themed BP powered Festiva

My B6T Festiva

Sara's stock automatic Festiva.

Last edited by fastivaca; 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Very cool, thanx for the pix!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yes.. Great Pictures, looks like cool weather too..people with jackets on.
      I would love to be able to walk outside right now and feel comfortable in a jacket.

Glad to hear your had a good 'Westiva 2016'.
      I'm going to have to make a long Festiva road trip before the ageing process rules it out.. maybe next year.
      Last edited by 1990new; 07-18-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Mark July 15th 2017 on your calendar for next year's edition!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

I hope its ok to add more. We were having too much fun to get many photos and their poor quality but heres ours. We were up early, Julian met us at our house and we drove down there together taking the scenic route. It was quite nice, braked for 5 deer and 1 cow. Thats kind of it for central alberta wildlife, lol, but nice scenery. We left at 5:50am, a little late. Julian borrowed some earplugs and we were off!

Festiva convoy with julian. Nearly the maiden voyage for that car, he only lost a lug nut and a little coolant on the way there, so not bad!

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
          Yes.. Great Pictures, looks like cool weather too..people with jackets on.
          I would love to be able to walk outside right now and feel comfortable in a jacket.

Glad to hear your had a good 'Westiva 2016'.
          I'm going to have to make a long Festiva road trip before the ageing process rules it out.. maybe next year.

Road trips are definatly worth it! We didnt mind the coolness but could have done without the rain. We made a pit stop for umbrellas on the way there. The rain wasnt bad and quit before long, *but it was a little soggy at first and hard to entertain the littlest one who just wanted to crawl on the ground.*

Before sara showed up

Lots of fun at the meet, then after we had icecream julian let me and my wife drive his car. We both loved it, nice and loud and fast. That was my first time driving a faster festiva *

Went through a huge downpour and hail so bad we had to pull over by an overpass on the way back, but then we stopped at a&w for supper. Weirdest thing happened. A wedding party came in in all their wedding clothes. Ate their meal and then the photographer took some weddig photos inside a&w. So strange.*

But we got home fine at 10pm. 900km in about 10hours of travel time. We might make it a 2 day thing next time my car did well considering all the work i just did on it, so i was pleased.*

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Ryan. Would love see some here from Julian and Joe as well.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

looks like a fantastic time. great photo's, thanks for sharing. hoping to attend next year!

Comment

Looks like fun!
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Just reviewing the photos for past meets and realized that this year, 2016, saw four first time attendees at Westiva! I know a couple of the "regulars" were unable to make it so I will consider this a very successful meet. Information pertaining to the 2017 edition of Westiva can be found in this thread.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X