Just bought my first Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first Festiva

Well I am new around here and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Will and i just recently purchased a 1991 Festiva L.
    My DD was a 1993 Chevy S10 pickup, which had a 300 hp V8 from a 94 Vette that i swapped in. I was averaging about 12 MPG and I needed something more efficient and cheap. I have always loved the boxy flares and late 80's style of the Festiva, so I began searching on craigslist and found this beauty for $1500. I definitely overpaid because she is pretty rusty underneath, but the engine and trans are both in super great condition. It is a 5 speed. The P.O. decided that instead of fixing the rust, he would just rhinoliner the entire bottom foot. I kinda dig the look. I plan on doing a lot of cheap mods to this little car so be on the look out for updates! This looks like a great community and I'm glad to become a part of it! IMG_7497-1.jpg
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

That actually looks pretty neat!

Comment

Thanks! Hopefully after i get it cleaned up I can post more pictures. My S10 is also red/black, I'm beginning to see a pattern...
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Welcome aboard. They are fun little cars.

Comment

Welcome to the crew! The boxy wide body look of the Festy was my original lure to the car as well. Don't be afraid to start a Garage thread about the progressive your car, you'll get a lot of tips and feedback that way.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Where would I start such a thread?
            Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
              Where would I start such a thread?
              Go to the main Forums page, then scroll down to the Garage sub-forum.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Awesome, I will have to start a thread when I get home.
                Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Hi Will-

These cars can go forever with low maintenance-

got my first in '97 - an 88 carburetor with 175K on it- drove it over 275 K and the cable broke before I had to sell it after a flood and move from the area in 2011.

Just got a '91 like her again last summer as a bailout car if anything happens to my 96 Aspire- see pictures below

welcome to the forum- please post more pictures!

Comment

I will be posting some more as soon as I get her cleaned up. Your 91 looks great!
                    Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Welcome! You couldn't have found a better car. On top of that, it's supported by one of the best enthusiast forums around.

FX
                      Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Definitely, I have been blown away by the amount of support there is in this community! had no idea the Festiva had garnered such a following.
                        Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                          Definitely, I have been blown away by the amount of support there is in this community! had no idea the Festiva had garnered such a following.
                          What part of the country are you in? Nice to know if someone's close by.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Welcome to the club!

I wanna see what this s10 is all about... I'm surprised it would stay on the road with that much power.
                            '03 Grand Am GT SC/T (DD)
                            '93 Festiva L (Blue)
                            '91 Festiva L (Red) (Sold)
                            '87 Monte Carlo SS Areo Coupe
                            '68 Ranchero Fairlane 500 (RIP)

Comment

I'm in central Illinois. I will be putting up pics of the s10 and festiva today.
                              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Working...
                              X