Stolen Red Festiva Indianapolis IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Red Festiva Indianapolis IN

If you happen to live around Indianapolis, IN my 1990 Ford Festiva was stolen. Parked for work at a privately owned lot at the corner of East and Raymond St. It was not towed by the lot owner, we already called and asked. The car is red with tinted rear windows..

I am currently nowhere near where my car was parked, I am in Akron Ohio for work. The guy I work with lives there and his wife noticed it was missing this afternoon.. it was there this morning.

Who would steal a car worth $200?? It's a beat up automatic with a thousand problems. Truly not worth stealing.

Joe

Plate number 659FDI
    Last edited by Spike; 01-28-2015, 06:47 PM.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

I hate to hear that..... Have you called any scrap yards?
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I will be in the morning. I didn't know it was stolen until about 5:30 this evening. The sad thing is, it was parked for a year in storage and I literally just revived it and put $450 in tires and parts in it a month and a half ago.. It was really running and driving nice for once.. they probably just wrecked her for fun.

His wife made a police report for us. Called Indy police from here in Akron and they had the nerve to tell me I needed to be there in person!
      Last edited by Spike; 01-28-2015, 07:33 PM.
      1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know a few people in that area & I will pass on your information.
        It's a long shot but you never know.

Comment

Thank you, sir. Anything helps.. it was my first car and I've put so much blood, sweat, tears, love and hate into it it's just not funny. If I don't see it again, it'll be like losing a family member.
          1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            If I don't see it again, it'll be like losing a family member.
            I hear that!! GL with finding it.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

There are many among the empowered who think it their own power and advantage to scuttle others, and being from Indianapolis myself..... well..... or it could have just been some scumbag who made a poor choice of what to steal. I hope you find out which.

Comment

Or a guy with a Festy already, who needed a running parts car. Or just switch his plates onto your car. GL with retrieval.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thats crap. Sorry this happened to you.
                  '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                  '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                  '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                  '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                  '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                  '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                  '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

My lead tech cut our work short and drove back to Indy today. I spent over 3 hours driving around in circles in the white car. Checked 4-5 mile radius out around where the car was last seen. So many ghetto-type areas around there, so many two-car garages. It could be anywhere. Talked to the police and they said they retrieve "most of the stolen cars in the area". I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not funny story, we were talking to the neighbor behind us in the apartment building we live in (here in Greencastle - not in Indy); she left her car idling in the parking lot and went back in to grab something, came out and her car was stolen (and Greencastle is NOT a crime-ridden area..). They found the car two weeks later 50 miles away in Indianapolis, with $1200 of stereo equipment installed. She came out ahead lol.

Hoping I'm half that lucky.
                    1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

Stolen Red Festiva Indianapolis IN

I had a Chevy Lumina stolen a long time ago. it ended up not coming back to me, but I found out where the car was after the towing company found me on the Vin number. it was parked on the side of the highway up in Michigan and I live in Missouri. unfortunately I wasn't able to get the car because they cut the radiator and the battery out of it, and they were charging me for towing storage. I asked the police about that and it didn't seem like they were going to be very helpful and it wasn't worth fighting in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by WTFestiva; 01-29-2015, 11:08 PM.

Car #789
                      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                        My lead tech cut our work short and drove back to Indy today. I spent over 3 hours driving around in circles in the white car. Checked 4-5 mile radius out around where the car was last seen. So many ghetto-type areas around there, so many two-car garages. It could be anywhere. Talked to the police and they said they retrieve "most of the stolen cars in the area". I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not funny story, we were talking to the neighbor behind us in the apartment building we live in (here in Greencastle - not in Indy); she left her car idling in the parking lot and went back in to grab something, came out and her car was stolen (and Greencastle is NOT a crime-ridden area..). They found the car two weeks later 50 miles away in Indianapolis, with $1200 of stereo equipment installed. She came out ahead lol.

Hoping I'm half that lucky.
                        That same thing happened to me!!! I had my hands full carrying stuff to the car to leave for work at 5:30 in the morning. I dropped one of the things I was carrying, went and put what I had in the car, then walked back around the corner of the house to get the thing I dropped. As I bent over to pick it up, I heard my car rev. I looked around the corner and vroom! There went my car down the street!

The thieving idiot drove it 2 blocks and ran it into a house. I heard the crash, and went and looked. There was the car smashed into the side of the house. Totaled.
                        Dan

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Did he get busted Dan, or did he run away?
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ran...then the cop that came to the door about the car, about accused ME of being the one that crashed it for insurance fraud!

I told him, well I only have liability, so the car is totaled and I am screwed and I have no car. How's that for fraud? He shut up then.
                            Dan

R.I.P.
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                              Ran...then the cop that came to the door about the car, about accused ME of being the one that crashed it for insurance fraud!

I told him, well I only have liability, so the car is totaled and I am screwed and I have no car. How's that for fraud? He shut up then.
                              Was this one of your current Festys, or something that happened in the past?

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                              X