Darn. AC help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn. AC help!

I am trying to get the components for the ac compreesor bolted to the engine. I have misplaced the bolts, and I don't remember how it attached. I took pics to help remember, but I didn't take pics of the compressor, and how it went together,

Does anyone have a diagram or pic of how it goes together? I have the bracket bolted to the engine , it is the compressor that I am missing the mounting bolts to the bracket.

Thanks in advance

Dan
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

I have all those pieces in the garage. Give me a second and ill snap a photo
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I think this is what you wanted to see? 5 bolts hold the bracket. 4 of those long skinny ones attach the compressor. The bolt is 4-5 in long.
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Shucks! That is a pic of the compressor that I have on my 88. I believe it is a dealer install compressor. My 92 has factory install and a different compressor.
        According to Bravekosak, there are 2 diff installed ac systems for the Festy. Dealer install and factory install. One is Sanden and one is Nippondenso. Looking at the pic, I think I see the name "Sanden" on your compressor
        Diff compressor and brackets. Mount diff too.
        The 92 uses short bolts. I think I may have figured out the bolts. Look to be M10 x 1.25..maybe 30mm-35mm long. It does have one long bolt, that goes in from the side, and cant be put in while the bracket is on. It hits the frame trying to put it in. Looked at the 88 compressor, and it seems to have the same long side bolt on both types. The long side bolt is not on the 88 Festy, looks like it is not really needed.

Thanks for the pic and for trying to help!

EDIT

Here is a pic of what I gots

hold on while I get a pic of the long side bolt .....

Here

This bolt wont go in unless I remove the bracket. I think I will leave it out. My 88 does not have this one in either, does not affect anything

Last edited by drddan; 08-09-2014, 04:15 PM.
        Dan

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
          Shucks! That is a pic of the compressor that I have on my 88. I believe it is a dealer install compressor. My 92 has factory install and a different compressor.
          According to Bravekosak, there are 2 diff installed ac systems for the Festy. Dealer install and factory install. One is Sanden and one is Nippondenso
          Diff compressor and brackets. Mount diff too.
          The 92 uses short bolts. I think I may have figured out the bolts. Look to be M10 x 1.25..maybe 30mm-35mm long. It does have one long bolt, that goes in from the side, and cant be put in while the bracket is on. It hits the frame trying to put it in. Looked at the 88 compressor, and it seems to have the same long side bolt on both types. The long side bolt is not on the 88 Festy, looks like it is not really needed.

Thanks for the pic and for trying to help!
          It is a dealer installed compressor. A broken one at that. The longer bolt is one that attaches the compressor to the bracket. I just put it along side of it so you can see what one is needed. The one that goes in the side is possible to get in with the engine in the bay. I know because it rattled out lol. I thought you were looking for the bolts that attached the compressor to the bracket. Maybe I didn't understand what exactly you were looking for lol. You ment the ones that attach the bracket to the frame?

Edit

I have 4 different types of compressor brackets lol. I ended up using the all aluminum one because it was lightest and easier to clean.
          Last edited by Chobobulous; 08-09-2014, 04:00 PM.
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I edited my reply to you ...added pics. check it out
            Dan

R.I.P.
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Hey seams like a/c week lol
              I'm to having problems with mine I have a gl with all factory ac but no compressor or lines off compressor Also the bracket and tensor are gone. I have 2 full dealer ac systems can I use the dealer compressor , bracket , tensor and rubber lines ?
              Last edited by william; 08-09-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Well, they used both on my 88! Factory harness, and dealer compressor! Talk about confusing!

Originally posted by william View Post
                Hey seams like a/c week lol
                LOL!

Will, if it all hooks up, it should work ...
                Last edited by drddan; 08-09-2014, 05:30 PM.
                Dan

R.I.P.
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                  Well, they used both on my 88! Factory harness, and dealer compressor! Talk about confusing!

LOL!

Will, if it all hooks up, it should work ...
                  That's strange both my dealer compressors look like the other guys in his pictures . Your compressor looks like the one off my capri .

Comment

Well ill be. That's neat I haven't seen that one yet.

As for the side bolt. I bet if you disconnected the passenger motor mount and pulled up on it you could get it in there.
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post

Well ill be. That's neat I haven't seen that one yet.

As for the side bolt. I bet if you disconnected the passenger motor mount and pulled up on it you could get it in there.
                      Heck with it, it really doesn't do much, my 88 has never had that bolt in it and no ill effects, THANKS for that pic!!!!!!!

Originally posted by william View Post
                      That's strange both my dealer compressors look like the other guys in his pictures . Your compressor looks like the one off my capri .
                      The Sanden is dealer install. My 92 has a Nippondenso, and is factory install
                      Last edited by drddan; 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM.
                      Dan

R.I.P.
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

I don't have one in there either. Lost the bolt.
                        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Need a bolt? I have a spare!!!

Its all together now! 4 trips to 3 part stores. 3 stores to find the correct size/length, and then one required a longer length bolt, so back a 4th time to get it!
                          Last edited by drddan; 08-09-2014, 07:29 PM.
                          Dan

R.I.P.
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Lol just my luck its the wrong one! I don't have a compressor on there right now anyways.
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

That bolt also holds the oil pump to block. I got mine in there last week. I think I put the bolt in the bracket and then put the assembly against the motor.
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X