Main Fusible Link! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Fusible Link! Help

So I converted all the fusible links to fuse holders with the right amp rating fuse for it. But my main fuse keeps blowing after I start the car up and rev the engine at least half throttle and when the rev comes back down it blows. I got a brand new altenator. Check continuity from the whole white wire circut that goes to the altenator. I just cant find what blowing it. The battery doesnt charge when I check for charging while the engine idling only when I rev it up it charges but then blows the fuse and stops charging. Theres another red/black wire that goes to the instrument cluster for the light. And theres another red wire that goes to the headlight relay via the wiring diagram. Any help is appreciated. Mahalo!

Have the new alternator checked.

Comment

Check your grounds. Engine head to passenger shock tower, negative battery terminal to body/transmission.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Good grounds and got the altenator checked it was charging. I have two instrument clusters and when I plug in one of them the charge light comes on dim and when I start the car it blows the main fuse and the charge light comes bright. Then when I put the other instrument cluster on, the charge light doesnt even come on and then when I start the engine and rev it, it blows the main fuse. Got 30 amp fuses in all fusible link connecters. Both the big white b+ wire to the altnator and charge light have .2ohms all the way thru them. Idk what to do already!help please! Thanks

Comment

Should I put a 80amp fuse since Im running a protege altenator?

Comment

I don't know for sure the gauge of wire from the alt but 80 amps is 30 more than stock. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Juice up the battery with a charger and try a 40 amp first. The alt works way too hard to charge up a dead battery, it's only supposed to maintain voltage and supply current to accessories
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
            X