DAE Max MPG CAMSHAFT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAE Max MPG CAMSHAFT

With $4 per gallon gas (and rising) we have decided to offer another option for your Festiva. Not focusing on engine performance, but more towards wallet performance. Our New MAX MPG CAMSHAFTS are designed with specific valve timing events to offer an increase in mpg. In testing on a customers '89 carb festiva, customer reported a mix of city/highway driving & part throttle/full throttle driving an increase of 7.3 mpg & would say even better increase in mpg would be attained if driving style was such as to maximize mpg.

PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Cool! How much?
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

What octane fuel?
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Any other recommended pre-requisite mods to maximize the performance of this camshaft? Very interested for sure price pending of course!
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Awesome!!!
          I bet a lot of people would love enhanced mileage.
          So this is designed to give better part throttle response.
          I really love the idea of this cam and it looks like the one I would "lean" towards.
          My question is.
          With the longtube header back exhaust, intake and fpr installed would the cam profile still be effective.
          Or would I be better off with one of the other grinds.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Yes, any more details? I do WOT on highway to maintain speed on some hills now. I wonder how noticeable is the compromise in performance? I might throw one in my automatic. I like the idea.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Cam cost remains the same as our performance cams ,$ 180.00. I would expect much greater gain (in mpg) with EFI , cam is designed for 87 octane. Customer reported no major loss of power,MPG was his main objective. Cam will allow leaner AFR, and higher compression ratio on 87 octane with no ping.

Comment

Focusing on less residuals left in the combustion chamber to allow ignition of a leaner mix ? Is the lift a hair more than stock, enough to need extra valve spring room?
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

No valve spring upgrade needed.Developed cam to save purchaser money by not needing costly extras , with much thought towards intake and exhaust cycles and increasing drivability

Comment

sweetness.

BTW can't wait to get my stage 2 cam/springs/FPR in!!!!
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Shipped this morning!

Comment

Nice job Matt! Hmmm....what about a max MPG grind on an Aspire roller?
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Can be done!

Comment

Pretty good investment for those looking for better mpgs!

Scenario 1:
                            30mpg stock, +7mpg with upgrade, $180 cost, $3.65 gal
                            Payback= 21 fill-ups or 6,300 miles

Scenario 2:
                            40mpg Stock, +7mpg, $180 cost, $3.65 Gal
                            Payback= 28 fill-ups or 11,200 miles

These are estimates (hopefully my math is right ), but gives you a good idea of the value of this upgrade.
                            Last edited by Charlie1717; 06-17-2013, 11:27 AM.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                              Shipped this morning!
                              yeah i know!!! just so excited :geeking out: :highly_amused:nthego:
                              Last edited by FestYboy; 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X