washer nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washer nozzle

I searched for a thread about washer nozzle substitution but couldn't find one, so I decided to start one and ask a few questions.
    Have any members swapped out their Festiva hood nozzles for a nozzle from another car?
    Is everyone happy with their Festiva nozzle?
    The reason why I am asking is because I saw a large single nozzle on a Mercedes Smart car today. It had three jets.
    Is everyone happy with the force and amount of juice coming out of the stock nozzle?
    I wonder if you would need a larger washer motor for three jets?
    I searched for a picture online but couldn't find one. I'll snap a for real pic tomorrow.

Mine could use a bit more umph! I don't like to use my washer fluid unless I'm at a complete stop. The wind at speeds doesn't allow it to get very high up on my windshield.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I keep forgetting that mine is totally inop.
      Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Mine was had very little pressure when I first got it and then when I really needed it during a slushy snow day it stopped working all together. I found the plastic connector piece between hoses (close to the battery) had cracked very bad and all the washer fluid was spraying out through that crack and all over my engine bay! I got a new connector piece and it works SOOO much better now!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

How well will some Federal 185/55 R14's fit on 14" VW Snowflake rims with an Aspire Swap/KYB Rear and Raceland Front Set-Up work?
          91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
          Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
          Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

uh...I think you are in the wrong thread Power!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Back to washer nozzle discussion again. Does having a heated washer nozzle help a lot in cold weather? They are very pricey + the wiring headache (maybe it could be spliced into the EFE carb heater line?)
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-05-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hot water on a cold icy windshield... not a good idea me thinks.
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

^ correct, that idea is destined for a broken windshield
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Im sure the water that comes out isn't boiling. More like warmish.
                    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Are you talking about some kind of hot water doughnut to attach to the underside of the hood to surround the nozzle feed tube that you can route engine coolant through? Sound like a good idea. Surely this could be easily fabricated by one of the geniuses on the forum.

Comment

My Festy OEM nozzel did not work, clogged. I replaced it with one of the chrome ones with alight in it that my son had saved from his 2000 S10. I did not hook the light up, but it works great. Now i can clean the LoveBugs off my windshield.
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Not really,. The blue link in post #7 goes to a Porche 944 nozzle. I don't open the hoods to many of those at the junk yards, so I don't know how they are wired.

Check out how this guy added fluidics to his Smart car.

This is a response to the Smart 3 jet nozzle:

"So I did the Smart car 1st gen wiper jet install as blackdogvan describes
                          but its a bit of an art to get just right factory look but the 3 jets are da bomb
                          each individual jet can be aimed & there is a tsunami of water on the window."
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 06-05-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Sorry everybody about earlier, my computer was tweaking out and then I lost internet connection and couldn't remove it.
                            91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                            Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                            Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                              Are you talking about some kind of hot water doughnut to attach to the underside of the hood to surround the nozzle feed tube that you can route engine coolant through? Sound like a good idea. Surely this could be easily fabricated by one of the geniuses on the forum.
                              Here one idea:
                              Have always wanted heated windshield fluid to help break up ice on cold mornings.  Always was thinking of a way to rig up an electrical heater, but the other day had a crazy idea.  What I am thinking of doing is running engine coolant through the wiper fluid tank.  So get a foot or 2 of 1/4...

Comment

Working...
                              X