No announcement yet.

Rocketman Carb Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work. That is a great price for a custom piece like that, too.

Comment

Got word tonight that the prototype fits correctly & works as intended. I still need to source the carb studs in bulk but otherwise good to go on production.
      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Nice work as always Rocketman! +1
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Studs with an Allen head in them like the wheel studs we replace our lug bolts with would be pretty cool. Not totally necessary but would help.

I would imagine that 1.75" adds some torque too like a phenolic spacer.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Today's work. If anyone is interested there are some from this batch not yet spoken for. At the moment I cannot find a small enough quantity of the cheaper hardware, so. Price is $70 SHIPPED to the US. Canada, contact me for shipping info.
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Man those came out good!!

+1 for an awesome mod and excellent craftsmanship :thumbup:
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

So if you put all five of those together would it give some sort of ram-airflow effect?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Today's work. If anyone is interested there are some from this batch not yet spoken for. At the moment I cannot find a small enough quantity of the cheaper hardware, so. Price is $70 SHIPPED to the US. Canada, contact me for shipping info.
                  kool....:thumbs_up:
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Ordered!
                    White '88, 280kmi, Weber 32/36 DGEV Carb with Rocketman Carb Adapter

Comment

Rocketman, are your weber Adapters for $70 a 100% bolt on solution with no additional fab work required? And also, is there any issue fitting it under a stock Festiva hood?
                      Last edited by darkfact; 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM.
                      1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

Ordered a few days ago.

Can'twaitcan'twait

CAN'T WAIT.

-Joe
                        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                        1988 LX 5-speed
                        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

darkfact, I'll chime in because I just installed mine yesterday with Rocketman's adapter.

My friend and I removed all of the old carb and vaccum system insanity, installed the 32/36 DGEV (Suzuki Samurai Kit - $230 on Ebay)) and my '88 started up on the first try. We were blown away that we didn't even need to adjust the idle speed!

The throttle cable bracket was the only thing I needed to fabricate. Also, all the old vacuum ports on the intake manifold have to be plugged (I used 'loops' of hose, plus the caps that came with the Weber kit) and you have to reroute the valve cover vent to the new air cleaner (1/2" tubing).

There is no problem with hood clearance.

I drove the car today and it is wonderful, I was fuly expecting to have to tinker with the new Weber before getting it to work right, but I haven't had to at all.

Comment

BTW, ignore the Fuelly MPG in my signature - that was the MPG I was getting before the new Weber carb!

Comment

You are gonna want to rejet the carb, it will run with the jets that are in it but you will be way rich and burn Alot more fuel then needed and you will notice the black crap that builds up on the back of your car.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

^ +1. I'm curious, why did you go with the Sami kit specifically?
                                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X