March FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March FOTM Winner

The winner for March FOTM goes to............

Flw Sock!!! Congratulations!!! (sorry for taking so long to announce you as winner though)

Here is his entry again!!

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
    My Festiva and goal a few months ago

I figure I'd enter today, because I'm constantly adding stuff and I've came to the realization that I will never be fully ready to post this, but I figure I've done a lot of work on it and it's worth posting now.

This is my Festiva, which I named The Pimptiva. Pimps only drive pimp cars, right?

Anyway, about 6 or 7 months ago I was looking for a new car that got good gas mileage because my mean bosses weren't giving me any hours, and therefore I couldn't afford to drive my trucks that get 14mpg on the highway. I had been looking at Festivas for a long time, because I thought that would be a sweet candidate for a car that I could totally pimp out with lights, speakers, and other typical teenager things. I also have a fetish for rare cars. After already looking and buying two cars before, I knew what the requirements were for my Dad to come with me to check one out. It had to be a decent deal for starters, but it also had to be within like 15-20minutes drive LOL. So, after searching for what seemed like forever, I found a Festiva for $500 that the guy said he think needed a ball joint and control arm. Being a race car driver and getting in crashes all of the time, those are the two most replaced parts my Dad and I have done. So, we scooted over there THE DAY I FOUND IT ON CRAIGSLIST, which is totally unheard of for my dad. After some haggling, we managed to scoop it up for $400 THE SAME DAY WE LOOKED AT IT, which is also totally unheard of for my Dad! Usually, we go to check out a car, and then come back a few weeks later hoping the person is softer on the price. After about 2 hours of trying to get it on our trailer, we brought my baby home. She was in rough condition, and to get it on/off the trailer, we had to keep kicking the drivers side front tire in because of the damaged ball joint, etc. There was A LOT of work to be done with it. While doing the control arm, we were forced to cut a small whole in the frame to get one of the bolts out, because the housing had broke! Despite the seized bolts and all the set backs, my Dad and I cranked it out in about a week. Once we replaced the drivers side axle, control arm, ball joint, and outer tie rod, we took it out for a spin. Once you get out of my subdivision, you go right into a highway. So, I began to stop at a stop sign before I get on the highway, and notice the brakes go ALL the way to the floor. After that incident, we bled the brakes for like 4 hours, to try to be sure we had to drop the money on a master cylinder. I ended up having to buy a master, and we put that in. It's ran perfectly ever since. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of when I first bought it, or when we were working on it. It's probably a good thing, because after I bought it, it took me over 8 hours to clean it properly. It was nasty!!

http://i.imgur.com/khFcl.jpg (Picture is too big to display on this page)

http://i.imgur.com/ZFl5X.jpg (Same thing with this picture)

I still have to install a red/black shift boot. I'm still looking for a candidate jacket or something at the local goodwill that I can cut up to fabricate a sweet shift boot that will cover the entire shifter whole.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/goL1C.jpg[IMG]

George Webbs sticker, my first mod I did to this car....
    +10hp

The exhaust is a funny story. When I first bought the car, the idiot had the muffler so it was right below the gas tank, and about 1 inch from the ground tops at all times. Whenever I had a passenger in a car, they would have to lean and put the side all the way up, otherwise it would scrap. Going downhill? Scraped the entire way. This is the new exhaust, I thought it looked cool since it's new.... SHINY!!!

Festiva Now!!

I've been trying to figure out some stuff to enhance the red and black theme. It was my birthday on the 12th, and my parents knew that I wanted to get the Festiva repainted with one big fat black stripe, and two skinny ones. Well, I came home from my birthday dinner and saw my Festiva all repainted and reworked. You can compare it to the previous pictures, and notice there is NO rust anywhere anymore. I gave the car to my Dad to get it rust proofed for my birthday, and ended up with rust proofing PLUS a paint job! The pictures do not show the incredibleness of the paintjob. Not only did they get it painted and rust proofed, but they also added the "Pimptiva" logo, and ford stickers, as well as re armor all my bumpers and the dash, put chains around the license plates, AND got me a matching steering wheel cover and floor mats!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congrats!
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Now I know what I want for my birthday...
      My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Haha, Very nice.

I have that same exact Pioneer head unit.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
        X