AMP UP your Battery power & ground supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMP UP your Battery power & ground supply

Hey folks I'm in the process of installing a MTX in my ATX Aspire. It became painfully evident that my stock wires were junk.So it was time for a repair,and in typical fashion I decided to go twice as big as stock.The wire that supply's the 80 amp "MAIN" fuse is marginal in size at best. Not to mention the Positive & Negative battery cables are very small. I think they actually are @ 6 gauge. I upgraded to 4 gauge,which is what you'll find at any parts store.If you have a SUB amp and running multiple amps.This mod is perfect for you. It will really allow your alternator to work way more efficiently.And will allow your starter to receive the amps it really wants.This is a simple mod if you are good at soldering,the hardest part is gathering all the supply's. You'll need 18" of 6 gauge cable for the Battery supply. Two 4 gauge copper lugs,one with a smaller hole for the fuse block. And one with a larger hole for the battery post connection. You'll also need a set of Positive & Negative battery cables, mine are @ 48" long. Measure yours to make sure you get the correct length. I couldn't find a copper grounding lug like the factory installs on the ground cable.So I had to fab one up. If you have a source please share it with us. You can do this exact same mod to your Festy,the only difference will be the attach point at the fuse-able link Distribution Block. Peace-

Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link
Working...
X