Festiva Of The Year 2012!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Of The Year 2012!!!

The winner for Festiva of the Year 2012 goes to..............

Advancedynamix!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Charlie!! Congratulations!!!!

Here's his entry again

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I bought her in April of 2010, but didn't really start work until march of 2011. At the time I had never heard of a modified Festiva, but I had always loved the way the these cars look (yeah, I'm one of the few, I know). I have always been into Rally racing and the little Festiva, with it's wide fenders and stubby hatchback, reminds me of the glory days of WRC, the Group B era.
    Originally I was going to mount a Suzuki GSX1300R engine with a turbo where the back seat used to be, but after much consideration I decided to build a more practical car. What I wanted to build was an RS version of fords smallest hatcback, one of the the only hatchbacks Ford has sold that never came in with and RS package (to my knowledge). I set out to build what Ford forgot to.
    My goal was to have the car operational by Festiva Madness 5. I had read about the largest Festiva meet online through a google search and it was through the Madness website (thanks to Barb and Jeremy) that I found this excellent website. When I learned that so many Festiva lovers would be in one place I had to attend. Even though I didn't post much in the next 6 months, and I didn't post a build thread, it was all of you who inspired me to keep going, keep building. When I wasn't working or building Tweak, I was reading about all of the great projects going on at FordFestiva.com.
    Well, I made my goal. I got tweak running and drove her to work for two days, then pointed her east to Raleigh. She ran pretty good for that 5000 mile road trip and she's still running like a champ. Thanks to you all for the inspiration and warm welcomes into this little automotive niche.

Oh, and for those that wonder where the name "Tweak" comes from. I named her that because her B6t engine is Meth injected. I didn't want to clutter the engine bay with intercooler piping, so I got her hooked on Meth instead. I keep her pretty strung out and she treats me well!

Here she is on the last day of her 5000+ mile shake down run. She's glad to be back in Arizona.

Festiva Madness 5. She was the First Festiva in the Parking lot that morning. I thought I was lost. I was so excited to have made it.

Her engine glistening in the North Carolina sun.

The newest addition to the engine bay, an official RS sticker on her airbox.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Gratz Charlie! Well deserved!

Comment

Sexiest Festiva ever! So clean! drool Congrats!!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Amazing Festiva and all around great guy! Keep rocking Charlie!!!
        88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
        92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
        91 - Shell with title
        92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

A real show stopper....wish I had made it to Madness VI to see in person. Any chance you will make it back for VII?
          Last edited by 1990new; 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM. Reason: Wrong Number

Comment

My dashboard flat has more dust and grime than your entire car! Charlie this is one beautiful (better yet, exquisite!) piece of work. The more I work on my own Festys and the more I look at various modded engine bays (how the F^&% do you politely mount an oversize engine in a Festy) the more I can only try to appreciate what you've accomplished.
            And on top of that you've easily proved that a bona fide (and lively) DD (Daily Driver, for you underexposed acronym types), and a real 'eye-opener' of a track car can be built. All at once.
            "Festy of the year" is be-fitting.
            In fact you've unintentionally become an international Ambassador for these under-rated and unsung little cars.
            Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
              Gratz Charlie! Well deserved!
              Thanks!
              Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
              Sexiest Festiva ever! So clean! drool Congrats!!
              She just keeps getting better too! Thanks!
              Originally posted by TheNewAmericanSpirit View Post
              Amazing Festiva and all around great guy! Keep rocking Charlie!!!
              Thank you, I plan on rockin' a Festy for a long time.
              Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              A real show stopper....wish I had made it to Madness V to see in person. Any chance you will make it back for VI?
              100% chance that I made it to FM6 and back, lol. I think you meant FMVII, and I'm planning on being there, but with a different car.... which one will it be??? Lol
              Originally posted by Bert View Post
              My dashboard flat has more dust and grime than your entire car! Charlie this is one beautiful (better yet, exquisite!) piece of work. The more I work on my own Festys and the more I look at various modded engine bays (how the F^&% do you politely mount an oversize engine in a Festy) the more I can only try to appreciate what you've accomplished.
              And on top of that you've easily proved that a bona fide (and lively) DD (Daily Driver, for you underexposed acronym types), and a real 'eye-opener' of a track car can be built. All at once.
              "Festy of the year" is be-fitting.
              In fact you've unintentionally become an international Ambassador for these under-rated and unsung little cars.
              Congratulations!!!
              Thank you Bert, I take great pleasure in helping to motivate other Festiva owners into enjoying their cars more and more. I know it won't be long before you can no longer resist the urge to squeeze a bigger hamster wheel into one of your cars.

Thanks to everyone who is a part of this great website and this fun community of car lovers. Tweak has been the most rewarding project car I've ever built. This year I put slightly over 40,000 miles on her and I was able to meet great people from sea to shining sea. Tweak has been a daily driver, pickup truck, tow vehicle, race car, a trans continental voyager and now Festiva of the Year all in one short year (and to think this car was destined for the crusher 3 years ago.) However, all of the miles in this world would be empty ones if it weren't for people like yourselves. I have built many different types of cars, and been involved with a number of car groups, but I have never met a more honest, humble and enthusiastic group of people tied by one automobile. Cheers!
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

nice job charlie!!! well deserved win

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Yay! Glad to see this official. This car (and it's driver) are such role models for me! Congratulations, my friend!
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Congratulations!
                    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

100% chance that I made it to FM6 and back, lol. I think you meant FMVII, and I'm planning on being there, but with a different car.... which one will it be??? Lol

Realized it was incorrect but you responded before I could correct...Congratulations...

Comment

Excellent job, and beautiful Festiva. I have a soft spot for the B6T....
                        CONGRATULATIONS!

--Russ
                        Owner: Roo-Sport.com
                        Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                          Realized it was incorrect but you responded before I could correct...Congratulations...
                          Lol, just teasing ya. Thank you, and I hope to see you at FM7!

Originally posted by CapriTypeR View Post
                          Excellent job, and beautiful Festiva. I have a soft spot for the B6T....
                          CONGRATULATIONS!

--Russ
                          Thanks Russ, let me know if you come out here to get parts from Clay, I'm 10 minutes away from him and have a 91 XR2 as well! Between him and I we have 5 B6t cars.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Careful, I may take you up on that!! He has a GTX floor pan leaning up against his garage that has my name all over it!
                            I think that would make for a very interesting meet - A Capri guy, a Festiva guy, and a GTX guy walk into a bar....
                            Owner: Roo-Sport.com
                            Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

Originally posted by CapriTypeR View Post
                              A Capri guy, a Festiva guy, and a GTX guy walk into a bar....
                              ... you'd think one of them would have seen it! :laughing4:
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                              X