WESTIVA 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WESTIVA 2013

... it's never too early to start planning!

I know it's only January but I thought I would post the dates and location for Westiva 2013.

When: Saturday July 13th, 2013
    Where: Wedge Pond, Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada (about a one hour drive from Calgary's western city limits).
    What: Meet and greet at the pond in the morning. After a picnic lunch we'll take an afternoon cruise to grab an ice cream cone at Boulton Creek Store and then on to the Upper Kananaskis Lake.

Campgrounds in the area fill up fast so I would recommend making reservations.

Mount Kidd (http://www.mountkiddrv.com/) is the closest, and nicest, but there are a couple of other options that aren't too far away.

These are only about a 30-40 minute drive at most from Wedge Pond.

http://www.bowvalleycampgrounds.com/

As for hotels the closest are located in Kananaskis Village, not far from Wedge Pond.

Lets see if we can make it back into double digits this year! We had 4 Festivas in '08, 5 in '09, 10 in '10, 5 in '11 and 4 Festivas and a Subaru Vivio last year!

Last year's Festivas

This is the sixth year at this beautiful location. The date happens to be the last Saturday of the Calgary Stampede so you could come early and take in the "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth"!

Looking forward to some long distance attendees this year!

Speaking of distances... if you're thinking of coming here are some approximate one way travel distances:

Great Falls MT: 400 miles
    Spokane WA: 425 miles
    Portland OR: 775 miles
    San Sioux Falls SD: 1250 miles
    Denver CO: 1175 miles
    Fransisco CA: 1300 miles
    Los Angeles CA: 1600 miles
    Kansas City MO: 1600 miles
    Phoenix AZ: 1625 miles
    Knoxville TN: 2200 miles
    Raleigh NC: 2475 miles
    Miami FL: 3025 miles

Edmonton AB: 400 km
    Vancouver BC: 950 km
    Saskatoon SK: 725 km
    Regina SK: 875 km
    Winnipeg MB: 1425 km
    Toronto ON: 3500 km
    Montreal QC: 3625 km

Watch this space for more info over the coming months
    Last edited by fastivaca; 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I will be there! this will be an awesome weekend trip. Providing there isn't any racing haha.

Comment

^^the meet is better than racing! Lol.

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Gonna do my best to be there! Provided I have the new motor in and it's reliable, I can't wait to be there and catch up with everyone! Might be doing a convoy from the lower mainland with Leapin and Sasquatch.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I'd love to go but its not gunna happen :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Is it July yet?

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
              Is it July yet?
              Not quite but as of today, February 21, there's only 141 days to go
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

106 days! Or 9,158,400 seconds!

-Scott
                Aqua 93 L
                Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Hey well at this point I am a maybe.... my dad won't be bringing a festiva as his won't pass the safety here in saskatchewan... However he may come with me or if we have the falcon road worthy enough maybe I can convince him to drive that down there...
                  90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                  BEFORE AFTER

Comment

102 days to go!!!

Getting more excited as each week passes. Hoping to have a couple of things planned for the Friday evening. If you needed any more reasons to come out this way KISS is in concert in Calgary on Saturday th e 13th!!! Tickets for the concert go on sale on this Friday, April 5 at 10 am MDT.
                    Last edited by fastivaca; 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

ARGH i better have my car done.

Comment

What's up with the single wiper on the orange car? It doesn't wipe all the way across does it?
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

IIRC his linkage was broken and because working in that tiny little cavity the linkage sits in is nearly impossible he just put a really big blade on the one that still worked, and clocked the shaft so that it could still clean (most of) his field of vision.

Hopefully my collection of iron oxides will be ready this time... taking the wagon to a Festiva meet just doesn't feel right. (but my Dad's Aspire has a much better shot at appearing this year at least)

Comment

Well its coming along.. I believe saturday is the first day you can book a site at mt.kidd for the festiva weekend. Hopefully sunday I will have my car back together and running again... maybe... then its just little stuff to tinker on before the festy weekend....
                            90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                            BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Well I am not sure what time we will be getting to Mt. Kidd RV park but I have reserved campsite #5 in loop F for both friday and saturday night. It will be my daughter and I coming down for sure... This is her first real camping trip, no power/water/flat screen tvs lol... She is only 5 so she is super pumped to stay in the tent and rough it. I am actually quite excited to get out there with her too and just enjoy some relax time... Anyways, come hell or high water (which we kinda have here right now) We will be there on Saturday!
                              BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Working...
                              X