Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickmeyer Automotive Engineering Race Header B3/B6

Alot of you have been asking about our headers. Here are some pix of one that i finished & ready for coating

http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/us...otive/library/
    Last edited by mattdickmeyer; 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM.
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Awesome! ,

Matt, you do outstanding work!

Jim

Comment

Very nice Matt! I might order one of your weld together kits. The kit makes a header just as pictured right?

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
        Very nice Matt! I might order one of your weld together kits. The kit makes a header just as pictured right?

Yes. You just cut, fit & weld.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
          Yes. You just cut, fit & weld.
          Nice. I think ill order one in a few weeks. I am assuming that they are mild steel? Also, what is the average price to get coated?

Comment

Really nice looking header, love the long tubes. Do they fit A/C? What are your thoughts on a 4-2-1 (tri-y) header?

Still working on that B6 head, everyone's closed for the holidays.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Matt, given the length of the header and it's tube thickness, would you recomend header wrap to help with EGT through the length untill it reaches the o2 sensor (help increase o2 operation speed/warm-up) or go strictly with cermacoat?
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Very nice job on the collector, Matt! You can tell its not just a cheap aftermarket with no thought of design!

Every header I've ever seen that had heat wrap put on it rusted out in short order if it was a street car and exposed to moisture at all. At least that's been my experience with header wrap.
                Last edited by blkfordsedan; 12-31-2012, 08:49 PM.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Nice. I think ill order one in a few weeks. I am assuming that they are mild steel? Also, what is the average price to get coated?
                  I use high quality elbows & material which, if you have ever checked pricing, are expensive. To give a high quality header & still make it affordable, I am not offering them ceramic coated like jet hot or HPC unless asked for, as the cost of ceramic coating is more than the cost of the header.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    Matt, given the length of the header and it's tube thickness, would you recomend header wrap to help with EGT through the length untill it reaches the o2 sensor (help increase o2 operation speed/warm-up) or go strictly with cermacoat?
                    Found header length to be optimal at 28 inch. Have experienced no O2 lagging problems, actually found on a mildly modified B3, EGT's in the collector went up indicating an increase in velocity & higher output engine helped.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                      I use high quality elbows & material which, if you have ever checked pricing, are expensive. To give a high quality header & still make it affordable, I am not offering them ceramic coated like jet hot or HPC unless asked for, as the cost of ceramic coating is more than the cost of the header.
                      Given the price of coating what do you think of header wrap and/ or that "silicone" spray for them? I know that people say that it can cause them to rust out but I haven't talked to anyone like your self as to the truths or fallacies of header wrap.

Comment

Given the price of coating what do you think of header wrap and/ or that "silicone" spray for them? I know that people say that it can cause them to rust out but I haven't talked to anyone like your self as to the truths or fallacies of header wrap.

Typically I see wrapped headers rusting out when the customer wraps a bare mild steel header. Here in Indiana, combine that with rain & snow, they will rust. But, if a good high temp base coat is applied 1st & then wrapped, the headers will last a long time. All of my headers get sand blasted before high temp paint or ceramic coating. This retains paint much better & headers run hot anyway so it tends to keep the wrap dry if the car sits alot where it is damp, this would cause rust as well. I have considered making my header for you guys out of SS, but that would jack the price up considerably.

Regarding the tri-y question.....I experimented with try-y header on the B3 & found it to work well but in a very narrow power band & also mods tend to have either very positive or very negative effects on the performance. In all, I found the 4-1 offered the absolute best power over the entire RPM range & has positive results with a future mods that might be performed. Making it the best choice for this application. As tested, the header that I offer, really is as good as it gets.

Comment

That is gorgeous! What is the pricing? And would you offer an extra bung for a wide band O2?

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                            That is gorgeous! What is the pricing? And would you offer an extra bung for a wide band O2?
                            $300 & it includes 2 bungs as shown.

Comment

Looks like my FMS B6 header.
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X