Wolo Max Sound 320-2t Horns - Video/Sound Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolo Max Sound 320-2t Horns - Video/Sound Clip

Just finished up installing the Wolo Max Sound 320-2t horns on my Ford Festiva. Pretty simple install after I drilled some holes for the bolts. Some cutting ...

Just installed these in my single horn Festiva. Was a pretty easy install. Splice the dual horns into the single horn wire and each horn has it's own ground. Drilled two holes in my passenger fender well and installed them between the fender and engine bay.

Here is the video I made to demonstrate the new sound. I never had a working stock horn so I don't know how loud it was, but I imagine the Wolo dual tone horns are considerably louder.

Just finished up installing the Wolo Max Sound 320-2t horns on my Ford Festiva. Pretty simple install after I drilled some holes for the bolts. Some cutting ...
    Last edited by Prafeston; 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

That's a lot of work, to remove the fender to install the horns. I am just as guilty as you are, for removing my fender to install a power antenna motor. I presume you are aware that there is another horn wire on the opposite side of the car. That is for more of a stereo horn effect.

Comment

Someone mentioned the Festiva was wired for two horns. I didn't mind just installing them both on the same side. There is even less room in the engine bay on the drivers side so mounting it would have been an issue. And trying to mount it up underneath the bumper is just as much of a pain as just removing the fender. It seems loud enough to me. I don't think having them on the same side is going to effect it.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I like the way Mercedes has both horns stagger mounted on a reinforcing rod in front of the rad. I might try to duplicate that. I have the Mercedes horns and bar. I want all the extra room inside the engine compartment for some the other horns in my collection. I will definitely install a Jubilee bull horn without fail. It is worth every penny for the laughs you get when you moo in a tunnel or when a nice looking girl crosses in front of your car.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 08-01-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

with all thise horns running off the factory wire, you may want to add a relay to get full power to the horns and not have to pull all the power through one tiny wire... use the factory wire to turn on the relay... that should wake up those horns good....

also, in the vid, keep pressing "5" lol...
          Last edited by sasquatch; 08-02-2012, 12:43 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Hahaha at the "5" spot in the video...couldn't have been more perfect!

They horns seem to be doing just fine with the single wire. I don't feel like taking the fender off again. Should they mess up I'll redo it with a relay.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Wiring in a series will also reduce your voltage per horn.
              -Donny
              -1992 Festiva GL
              B6D/E-series.
              -1991 GL
              BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Well it sounds good enough for me. And hopefully I won't have to use it that much!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                X