my 89 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 89 build

Hey all I figured I ought to start a build thread. I got a 89 L carbed 4 speed with 109k. I bought the car about 3 years ago with 83k on it and drove it for about a year. I took it up to the st Louis meet in 09, and on the way back home she started knocking and missing and just generally acting up. But it got me back home, and its been parked since then. I recently met a guy at school who has a 88 that looks pretty nice and it got me thinkin about my festiva again. So I decided to get back to messing with it. I pulled the motor out this weekend.
    My plans for my festy are:
    BP/f series swap
    Aspire brakes and swaybar
    Coilovers
    Some better rims
    Different seats, Probly 2nd gen integra
    Modified speedometer, I plan to go more than 85 :lol:

I found a f series trans in the jy last weekend, but I wasn't able to get it then. Lookin for a whole car to swap my bp out of, cuz I'm gonna have to use all the wiring from the donor car. Here's some pics so far:
    Yeah that's an old swingset I'm Usin to pull that motor

This is the cluster. I'm planning to take the speedo out and find another one that goes higher that I can make fit in there somehow. Probly gonna be kind of a slow build, still gotta find a donor for my motor, but ill get there eventually. Yall let me know if you have any suggestions or comments or whatever. I'll definitely be asking questions along the way. So glad this site is here!
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Hey whats up dude! Its me from school. I just happened to run across your post and what do you know its you! hahahaha! Looks like your going for it and now you got me really wanting to do my upgrade now! I will be keeping up with you on here from time to time so good luck with you build and let me know if i can help in anyway!
    Last edited by ROBERT MITCHELL; 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    FF-89

Comment

Hey man, thanks for the post. You see the post in the complex engine swaps forum about b3 intake on the b6? The guy did it and said he didn't have any problems with it
      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

Yes i did run across that and im really getting pumped about doing it, i just got to find the time. well i will keep in touch and like i let me know if i can help out! good luck!
        FF-89

Comment

Well its been ages since I posted anything. I got me a bp, capri g trans, and a wiring harness. Tore down the bp, planning on doing a rebuild on it. A good friend of mine recently bought a house with a sweet shop in the back, so I get to work inside a little bit lol. Found a guy on craigslist that sold me a engine stand and a cherrypicker for $175, so I've got a better way to put the new motor in when it comes to it lol.
          Here's some pics

The day I brought the bp home (200 bucks for complete engine and a junk trans--not bad)

Found out why it was cheap lol

Here's one of how it sits, except I've got the pistons and all out now

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what machine shop around here I want to use to get the stuff done. Going to try to get the motor in before dealing with anything else I want to do. Thanks for looking

Comment

good luck with the build, way to stick with it!
            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
            X