Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New struts, LCAs, and tie rods.
    93 GL

Comment

• Originally posted by sactnato View Post
      New struts, LCAs, and tie rods.
      Where did you get your LCA's from?
      Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
      Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
      WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
        93 GL

Comment

• My ebay hubcap broke off on the highway yesterday, the ring and clips stayed on the wheel, but the rest shot off into the gaurdrail.

Popped em all off because it looks trashy to drive around without a complete set, and I am kinda glad to go back to the exposed steel rims with stock ford spindle nut caps.
          Filled the tank with 89 octane, inflated the tires to 38psi, and cleaned off most of the bird crap. (Friggin' enormous flock of birds were hanging around my neighborhood the other day) There had to be at least two dozen spots of bird crap all over the car.

Once I get some extra money I will be looking for a replacement hood in the southwestern Ohio area, preferably white or black, but I will take just about any color as long as it has no visible rust, serious dings and peeling paint/clearcoat. I will be willing to travel to eastern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, or around Columbus.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Also drilled some holes in the bottom of my driver's side parking lamp, damn thing kept accumulating water.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Next time, use a wet vac and a straw. A mouse pad will make a good seal.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                Next time, use a wet vac and a straw. A mouse pad will make a good seal.
                Ehh, I found it easier to just drill a couple holes in the bottom, thing isn't the best shape anyway and the holes are hidden.

Comment

I added the LED panel to the dome light! MUCH BETTER
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post

Once I get some extra money I will be looking for a replacement hood in the southwestern Ohio area, preferably white or black, but I will take just about any color as long as it has no visible rust, serious dings and peeling paint/clearcoat. I will be willing to travel to eastern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, or around Columbus.
                    I just picked up a nice white hood from Take-a-part to put in the parts stock. Send me a PM if you head up this way. I usually go down to Springfield OH for the International Harvester truck show in Sept. but thats along way off.
                    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by David88 View Post
                      I just picked up a nice white hood from Take-a-part to put in the parts stock. Send me a PM if you head up this way. I usually go down to Springfield OH for the International Harvester truck show in Sept. but thats along way off.
                      Ahh yes, I have seen the shop where at least 4 really good looking Harvesters sit out front there in Springfield, been by that shop many times. Honestly didn't know about the Harvester truck show.

But yeah, probably won't really have the money until after new year, and after I get my tax return.

IMG_20120905_185859.jpg

That is how bad my hood is, and those vertical marks are not scratches, those are gouges.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Picked up 4 alloy Capri rims for 40 bucks today and a hvlp spray gun from harbor freight.
                        Ford Fester

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                          Picked up 4 alloy Capri rims for 40 bucks today and a hvlp spray gun from harbor freight.
                          Ooh, the three-spoke kind? Pics!

I received my install plate in the mail:

I thought I'd show off my light upgrade as well:

Comment

• I changed the backlight bulbs for heatercontrols! Now I can see where it's blowing.
                            I also changed fuse for dome light, now it works also and I founded that I have light in trunk! Yeaj!

LEDs allready ordered for domelight..
                            Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                            It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• [QUOTE=DriverOne;557535]Ooh, the three-spoke kind? Pics!

Nope just the regular 91 Capri style. I do already have the 3 spoke style though.
                              Ford Fester

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Drove it all over a massive junkyard. I picked up a cargo light and hatch latch from an LX for a local festy guy.
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X