Auto Meter round things, Toyota round things and VW round things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Meter round things, Toyota round things and VW round things

I haven't been on the forums much lately, but for good reason. I've been making pretty steady progress on my Festy.
    Clicky

That's acrylic. I'll be coating it with VHT taillight blackout crap and mounting indicators behind. I bought way too much acrylic so if anyone wants to do the same fire me a PM and I'll make another.

And all 4 VW wheels are on now. Will strip, polish and re-clear them eventually. As well, I cut the aspire bump stop so both the festy and aspire stops fit the strut. Can you say stiff? Unfortunately the Matrix sway bar I mentioned earluer won't fit an aspire rear like it does the festy rear without some modification. That doesn't mean I gave up on it but I have other stages of the project to worry about.

Piccy

And finally, I put 7" rounds in from a 79-84 Toyota Truck in there. They bolt up easier than the VW buckets, you only have to drill one hole at the bottom. And with slight modification they can even bolt up to that brace that goes from the corner light to the stock headlight.

Linky

And the stock grille is not going back in. I'm toying with ideas for a custom replacement.
    Last edited by Tommychu; 06-13-2010, 01:16 PM.

I like the round headlights.:thumbright:
    '90 LX

Comment

Nice progress, what kind of background will surround the gauges ? Kudos !!
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

loving the gauges i want to get the same speedo gauge in my car...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

like the gauges but no fuel gauge?

Comment

like the round headlights got a set ordered myself!
            IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Nice progress, what kind of background will surround the gauges ? Kudos !!
              Spray-on taillight blackout stuff. Then the indicator lights will shine through, retain whatever color they happen to be, and not be too bright. But this is all experimental so if I don't get the result I'm looking for I have a lot of other ideas. all of them involve the acrylic; diamond plate and sheet metal have been done way too many times with custom gauge panels.

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
              like the gauges but no fuel gauge?
              Fuel Gauge and voltmeter are going somewhere else. That's a secret for now.

Comment

That dash will look killer when done with the VHT! Nice idea!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

how much did those gauges run for? i need new gauges and i want to find quality ones that arent way flashy and those are right up that alley.
                  Parker

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Originally posted by NeptuneZeek View Post
                    how much did those gauges run for? i need new gauges and i want to find quality ones that arent way flashy and those are right up that alley.
                    The whole set (Speedo, Tach, Oil pressure, Water temp, Volts and Fuel level) with all senders cost about $5-600. All but the speedo are analog electrical. Auto meter doesn't make mechanical speedos except in a couple retro styles I think. And there is no gas gauge that directly works with the festy sender except the programmable one; I'm using the GM one (very close, but backwards. Empty is full and full is empty). I modified a GM speed sensor to work.

Comment

I like the gushes any more pics of the lights?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Nice work. I've been toying with the dash idea for a while.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Tonight was interesting...
                          Bit of a setback. the needle fell off the oil pressure gauge. These things are sealed so I can't put it back on without cutting it open. And I lost the invoice (bought them 2 years ago).

Might just say screw it and keep the dummy light. the $40 could be better spent elsewhere for now- My BP won't be getting any oil pressure from the garage floor.
                          Last edited by Tommychu; 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

i have a 93 and want to install round headlights, may i ask where did they come from?

Comment

eddiet: This was in the first post:
                              And finally, I put 7" rounds in from a 79-84 Toyota Truck in there. They bolt up easier than the VW buckets, you only have to drill one hole at the bottom. And with slight modification they can even bolt up to the brace that goes from the corner light to the stock headlight.
                              Jerry
                              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                              X