hub centric adapters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hub centric adapters?

The guy at the tire store told me the weird little rings that came with my estrella's (now on the gf's white festy) are hub centric adapters.

Apparently aftermarket rims need this as they tend to have the biggest center hole. He also said I should get the "mag specific hub centric adapter" directly from the wheel manifacturer.

What is the non-aspire converted diameter on a standard festy?

If I don't get the adapter, the wheel has a chance of being "wobbly" despite being the proper bolt patern & size...

WARNING WARNING WARNING generic fitment question!
    Also, several members here run 15", anyone run 15' with a 7" width? Anyone run 15" with 7" width on the FMS KYB GR2 setup? I found some really nice ebay rims, but I'm trying to hedge my bets fitment wise.
    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

if your asking on bolt pattern it is 4x4.5 i have 13's on mine they are after market and they dont use hub centric adapters. and other people i know dont run them and our rims are fine they are not "wobbly"
    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
    1983 Chevy Elcamino
    1993 Ford Festiva GL
    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Hub centric rings do absolutely nothing but aid the ease installment. They are a waste of money. Personally i would convert to lug studs and nuts before i fork over money for hubcentric rings.

My enkies apachie v's have a huge center bore. I have driven on them the whole time in california and the whole 1500 mile trip to missouri with no vibration or wobbles or loosening lugnuts at all.

SNAKE OIL!
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Well... I KINDA agree with festivaWES and KINDA disagree......
        I have HUB CENTRIC RINGS on mine. Festiva's are an odd size.
        My Festiva hubs, measured with a Micrometer check 2.343", (2 11/32") or 59.5 MM. The center hole on my Enkei 92's is 73MM. (2.875" or 2 7/8")
        I have only been able to find 73MM (O.D.) X 59.61(I.D.) and
        73MM (O.D.) X 59.1MM (I.D.) Rings. So they don't fit like I would like and if I get to a lathe, I will make my own or modify the 59.1MM bore of the 73MM X 59.1MM Hub centric ring to 59.5MM.
        The point though, is, it is possible to torque the BOLTS or STUDS at a slight angle, IF,the weight of the car is sitting on the rim/wheel while tightening the lugs. Sometimes people just finger tight the lugs, and then let the jack down to tighten them. This can cause an out of concentric condition and get vibration similar to an out of balance tire. So, I would tighten them tight, with the tire off the ground.
        Last edited by drddan; 09-11-2009, 10:36 PM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I agree with Wes on this. I have 14" AR Estrellas, with the dual-bolt patterns we use, 100 and 114.3; when I had them on Blue, I needed aftermarket lug bolts to properly center the wheels on the lug holes; I did not need the hub-centric rings at all.

The reason for the aftermarket lug bolts is that the stock lug bolts do not have the "cone" part (the taper) go deep enough for the aftermarket aluminum wheels, which are thicker. They wobbled and vibrated with stock lug bolts. That went completely away when I switched to aftermarket.
          Last edited by TominMO; 09-11-2009, 11:07 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea, That is good advice. Was thinking of doing same with A/M studs.
            Dan

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Put in studs & you wont have to worry
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Gotta "best place" to buy studs?
                Dan

R.I.P.
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Any local auto parts store.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I all ready have converted to studs in preparation of the "new rim project".

and

I love my Estrella's (they look awsome on the white car!) But... too many people have them for the black car.

I bought my stud / lug nut conversion at "lordco" (canadian equivalent is probably pep boys or some such) for $64. This is for16 extra length studs with an alan head, some purple lock tight, and 16 open ended 60% tapered nuts.

The whole thing took about 2hrs to do, but i'm a bit slow for mechanical work.
                    Last edited by Kofkof_00; 09-12-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if the FMS springs have different rates from front to back? Looking at the picture above, it struck me that my car is low in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X