Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TaDa! 15"x6" Sentra Steelies, Nexxan 195/45R15 tires, 5/16" spacers, stock springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaDa! 15"x6" Sentra Steelies, Nexxan 195/45R15 tires, 5/16" spacers, stock springs

I finally got new rubber for the Stinktiva.

Short Story:
    15"x6" Nissan Sentra steel wheels. 195/45R15 Nexxan N3000 tires. 5/16" spacers in the rear with 12mm x 1.50 Conical Seat 27mm lug bolts (stock bolts up front). Stock springs. Happiness.

Long Story:
    My 12" tires were mismatched, rotted and generally shot, so I figured this would be a good excuse for an upgrade. 15" wheels are pretty big for a festy, but the tire selection is much better than other sizes. Via ebay, I got 4 Nissan Sentra 15"x6" steelies for $60 and four Nexxan N3000 195/45R15 tires for $240 with shipping. I have freshly installed stock springs. Test fitting showed that the fronts just fit perfectly but the rears needed spacers. I struggled with what size to get, and finally decided to go with 5/16" spacers and 12mm x 1.50 Conical Seat 27mm lug bolts from ezaccessories.com (http://www.ezaccessory.com/ProductDe...roductCode=954 and http://www.ezaccessory.com/4_Lug_5_1...acer_p/601.htm). Total cost for two spacers and nine lug bolts (I got one extra) with shipping was $34.

The spacers were perfect for the back. The front is working out so far as-is.

I was not happy with the look of them until I figured out that I could keep using my chromy Ford center caps with a bit of bending and I painted the rims with rustoleum flat black.

The ride is not as harsh as I expected it to be, and braking and acceleration are greatly improved due to better grip. I am happy. I have not had a chance to flog them in the corners yet, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Here are some pictures.

I like the chromed lugs on the back, so I am going to buy a matching set for the front. Also, the new ones are 17mm and the old are 15mm, so it'd be nice if they matched.

(Please ignore the funky striped sheet on the drivers seat... I was covering to protect it from my grubby work clothes.)
    Last edited by thirdman; 03-08-2009, 12:46 AM.
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

take pix of the rear struts please!!! i'd like to see what kind of space you have.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Nice! What a difference.
      -Josh R

Comment

Looks good !! My buddy Bob picked up some Sentra wheels for his festiva too. Chrome lug bolts FTW

sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

The difference is phenominal! I love the new look even though they are still steelies! Good job

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            Looks good !! My buddy Bob picked up some Sentra wheels for his festiva too. Chrome lug bolts FTW

Egads!!! How can you allow that Fresh!? I can't believe it!! We need to talk at the next Chapter Meeting of Midwest Festiva Inc. I mean it severely troubles me to even look at it. And don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about that rusty bolt holding the mudflap on!!! I may find it very hard to forgive you for this one!
            ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
            #2 .....Cheesehead
            #3 '91 White - Donor Car
            #4 .....Montana Project
            SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
            Bought her back for $450
            Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

OMG ! Redford will be pulled into the garage immeadiately. The bolt will be removed, sanded, primed and given two coat of high quality enamel. After the paint has cured in seven to ten day Ill put the car on the road again. Sorry for the embarrassment to the corporation. Not an image we like to protray.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

i would like to do the same thing but i never new what i would need to do it i never looked in to it

Comment

That looks great ! I would leave them flat black or maybe get some "hammer tone" paint
                  money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

i just bought those same tires for my wifes eclipse but in a different size 205/40/17. 209 shipped to my door, for all four!
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i like the steelie look. I bet that added some rotational weight!
                      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Great idea! I've got a set of 15" rims with good tires on them in my building. I was thinking of putting them on my VW but apparently I get more points for keeping it original.

I'll have to drag them out of the building, put them on post a pic on here.
                        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                        Snoopy's
                        4621 Atlantic Ave
                        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Looks Great!!! if you dont mind me asking how much does the steelie and tire together weigh?
                          Tim S

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            OMG ! Redford will be pulled into the garage immeadiately. The bolt will be removed, sanded, primed and given two coat of high quality enamel. After the paint has cured in seven to ten day Ill put the car on the road again. Sorry for the embarrassment to the corporation. Not an image we like to protray.

Better yet, have it powder coated.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Day two: Braking is astounding. Acceleration can be done at will without annoying tire chirping. It is stuck like glue into the corners. It feels "planted"... in a good way. Road noise is minimal. Ride is only minutely harsher than the stock tires/wheels, which is surprising considering that the new set has 1.5" less rubber between steel and pavement. Only in extreme hard cornering do I get any rubbing... and I am not exactly sure what is rubbing where... I will endeavor to find out. It is so minimal that I feel no reason not to continue driving it.
                              Thirdman
                              1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                              1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

Working...
                              X