alternator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator.

the stock festiva alternator wont cut it for what im going to be doing to this car. dj, what alternator did you use and did it require any modification. i would like a direct bolt in. maybe a 160amp max alt. any of you guys have suggestions. i really need to buy one soon, bucause the stock alt wont even do good w/ my 1 10!
    Teal 93 GL
    stock as piss
    loud system though

hmmm... i ran two 12s through a 1200w amp with the stock alternator in my car, although i never really ran it full power cause the subs were old and i didn't want to blow them. Djs setup uses two seperate alternators, one for the car itself and one for the mobile media. He bolted it in where the stock AC compressor is supposed to be. I'll have to let him answer how difficult it was, but I bet it doesn't require too many modifications.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

compiled from the 323gtx board

RX7 alternators will work in 323s so that means they will work on festivas. The 86-88 alternators are 70 amp,
      89-91 are 80amp
      and the 93+ are 110amp.

You might need the plug if your plug is different depending on the year. If you stay within the same year range you should be fine. I think mazda switched connectors in 88+ to a round kind and they are all the same on all mazdas. Worst case is you will need to splice in the plug which you can find at the junk yard on pretty much any mazda car.

The rx7 alt swap requires the mazda part # 9980-01-0105 longer bolt. Roughly $6. The bolt is I think 110mm long where as all commercially avvailable i found stopped @ 105mm.

More Info @ http://www.mazda323performance.com/f...ic.php?t=12157
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
      X