Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job Mike (sasquatch) and Mike (flyin4stroke) we need to put those slicks on your car. Sonic is holding it down for a b6t and stock turbo.

I was off on my guess, but I think that's what is capable of right now. It'll only get faster.

It takes a lot to get down into the 13s and 12s. I tried for 2 years to get into the 12s.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• greg, your 60' time is awesome, i really wish i could have got a better launch... 195/50/15 dont grip that well lol... what was your best 60' time on street tires? IIRC you and i had the same tires at one point? kumho ecsta ast... i got down to a 2.2 60' after i brought them down to 15 psi lol... even with how light the festiva is, it still was buldging the sidewall a little bit lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• My best on fresh street tires is a 2.01. Best on sicks 1.96.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• ya i gotta get my traction problems sorted out... with the trap speed im getting i should be getting a way faster time...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            ya i gotta get my traction problems sorted out... with the trap speed im getting i should be getting a way faster time...
            That goes for every festiva owner lol

Nice times though! I'll get the list updated soon

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Granny shiftin' not double clutchin like you should.

I wish I could run 13.7 leisurely.
              91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

• ^You sir need to stop unless you use the NAWSS
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I've had faster runs just not time to put up.
                  I need slicks
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Or more boost!
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

• so i brought the slicks with and got to the track... go to put them on and they dont fit!!! the rim hits the new coilovers i put in.... lucky a guy off the protege forum was there and had a set of wheel spacers that he lent me i only got in 2 passes with the slicks so im still learning on how to launch with them lol... but on the last run i got down to 13.6 @ 106mph im getting a low 13 high 12 sec trap speed but getting a mid 13 sec pass, having no traction sucks

also got my 60' down to 2.1

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• Nice! What size slicks are you running?

I ran a 13.9 on the stock 12 inch rims, you should be able to run a low 13 with that trap for sure. Are you running full interior?
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                          so i brought the slicks with and got to the track... go to put them on and they dont fit!!! the rim hits the new coilovers i put in.... lucky a guy off the protege forum was there and had a set of wheel spacers that he lent me i only got in 2 passes with the slicks so im still learning on how to launch with them lol... but on the last run i got down to 13.6 @ 106mph im getting a low 13 high 12 sec trap speed but getting a mid 13 sec pass, having no traction sucks

also got my 60' down to 2.1
                          What's your launch RPM?
                          1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                          1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                          2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• i dont know... im not using my 2 step right now, im just reving it up and slipping the clutch a little bit off the line... i think im launching at about 4500 ish rpm each time... im looking at the tree, not my tach lol.... im a bit scared to use my 2 step right now, i dont wanna break my trans lol...

i have taken out my back seat and spare tire, and pulled the passengers seat out too, im running a light weight racing seat far me but other than that i still got most of the factory int... all plastics, carpet and dash...
                            Last edited by sasquatch; 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• im number 8282 as allways... i would like to have the other time more tho lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• Nice. I would try to break that but Im not breaking anymore trannies.
                                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                                X